Dates for 2021
First Rounds : to be completed by autumn half term
Regional Finals : Saturday 13th November
Cup Final : Saturday 4th December
Cup Final Location
Newquay Tretherras School, Trevenson Road, Newquay, Cornwall
Juniors (under 14) - normally school years 7 & 8 in September
Intermediates (under 16) - normally school years 9 & 10 in September
Age groups work on actual age as at 31st August at the end
of the current school year,
not on their current school year group,
you need to be aware of any pupils who are in the 'wrong' year for their
Thus, for the XC Cup competitions held between October and December 2021, the ages are as at 31st August 2022.
Entries must be made and paid for online only.
If your school previously paid entry fees for Track & Field Cup or Cross Country Cup
competitions which were cancelled or curtailed due to Covid-19 restrictions,
those fees will be transferred to your Cross Country Cup entry if they have not already been
used to pay for other T&F Cup or XC Cup entries.
Entries Open and Close
Entries will open on Monday 7th June 2021 (after the half term holiday) and will close on
Friday 17th September 2021.
We will not accept late entries.
The ESAA Cross Country Cup is a competition between school teams
Each school can enter one team in each of the following age groups:
Ages are as at 31st August at the end of the school year in which the competition is held.
- Junior Boys (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Junior Girls (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Intermediate Boys (at least 14, but under 16 years)
- Intermediate Girls (at least 14, but under 16 years)
Juniors are normally years 7 & 8, and Intermediates
are normally years 9 & 10. Don't forget that the years advance by one during the summer holidays, so when
entering before the closing date in July
you will be looking to take the current years 6 & 7, and 8 & 9 to the competition starting in October, ie. U14
must be under 14 on 31st August 2022, and U16 must be under 16 on 31st August 2022.
The competition is held in 3 rounds
- Preliminary rounds are held between teams within each County - there
may be a number of competitions held within each County depending on the number of teams entered.
- At least 2 teams in each first round competition progress to one of 9 Regional Finals.
- 3 teams from each Regional Final then progress to the Cup Final.
- The number and composition of the Regional Finals are liable to be changed if Covid-19 restrictions
make it necessary to change original plans.
- Each team can nominate 6 athletes to run, of which the first 4 finishing count towards team scores.
Entering teams, and all event administration, is done online.
Payment for entries must be made online by card at the time you make your entry. If you
don't pay your entry won't be registered.
In order to access the online entry form
you will need to use a school-based email address so that we can verify
that you are a teacher at your