Plans are now underway to run the Track & Field Cup in 2022 as normal.
- Entries open 4th January 2022
- Entries close 4th March 2022
- County Rounds 4th May 2022 to 20th May 2022
- Regional Rounds 7th June 2022 to 17th June 2022
- Cup Final 2nd July 2022 at Bedford
Juniors (under 14)
Intermediates (under 16)
Entries will open on 4th January and will close on March 4th. No late entries
will be permitted because there will be little time available to organise competitions.
We will try to send out multiple email reminders to teachers and schools about the closing date.
Entries must be made and paid for online only.
Click the Online Entry Form button on the left when entries open in January.
If schools still have credit remaining from previously cancelled or curtailed events the following will apply:
- If your 2022 entry costs the same as your available credit you'll have nothing to pay for your entry
- If your 2022 entry costs more than your available credit you'll only need to pay the difference
- If your 2022 entry costs less than your available credit, you'll have nothing to pay for your entry and the amount
of credit remaining will be carried forwards to subsequent entries in either the XC or T&F Cup
Changes made since 2020
- Intermediate Girls teams increased from 12 to 14 athletes
- Regions increased from 7 to 8 - London North added
- London North is now Herts, London, Middlesex
- South East is now Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Leicestershire moves to North Midlands
- Gloucestershire moves to Midlands
The ESAA Track & Field Cup is a competition between school teams
Each school can enter one team in each of the following age groups:
Ages are as at 31st August at the end of the school year in which the competition is held.
- Junior Boys (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Junior Girls (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Intermediate Boys (at least 14, but under 16 years)
- Intermediate Girls (at least 14, but under 16 years)
Normally Juniors are years 7 & 8, and Intermediates
are years 9 & 10.
The competition is held in 3 rounds
- Preliminary rounds are held between teams within each County - there
may be a number of competitions held within each County depending on the number of teams entered.
- The highest scoring teams in the first round competition progress to one of 8 Regional A Finals,
and all other qualifiers progress to Regional B Finals.
- The leading team from each Regional A Final then progresses to the Cup Final, together with the
5 highest scoring teams from across the Country.
Teams comprise 12 athletes for Junior Girls, and 14 athletes for Intermediate Girls,
Junior Boys, and Intermediate Boys.
Each athlete may do no more than
two events: one track and one field event; one track and the relay; one field event and the relay. All
teams MUST have a relay team.
Competitions are scored on a points basis where better performances gain more points.
Entering teams and all event administration is done online. County Secretaries will contact entrants by email,
and details of competitions will be available online when you log in to manage your teams.
All details will be available online - download the information, rules, and awards details from the
menu on the left when these are finalised in December.