Dates for 2017
First Rounds : 8th to 19th May
Regional Finals : 6th to 16th June
Cup Final : Saturday 1st July
Cup Final Location
Horspath Stadium, Oxfordshire
Juniors (under 14)
Intermediates (under 16)
Entries must be made online only.
Click the Online Entry Form
button on the left.
Entries open mid-November.
Midnight, 28th February 2017
Changes for 2017
- New scoring table for Inter Boys Pole Vault
- Buckinghamshire moved from South East to Midlands Region
- New entry fees
- Minor modification to rule about qualification for Regional Finals
The ESAA Track & Field Cup is a competition between school teams
Each school can enter one team in each of the following age groups:
Ages are as at 31st August at the end of the school year in which the competition is held.
- Junior Boys (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Junior Girls (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Intermediate Boys (at least 14, but under 16 years)
- Intermediate Girls (at least 14, but under 16 years)
Normally Juniors are years 7 & 8, and Intermediates
are years 9 & 10. Don't forget that the years advance by one during the summer holidays.
The competition is held in 3 rounds
- Preliminary rounds are held between teams within each County - there
may be a number of competitions held within each County depending on the number of teams entered.
- The highest scoring teams in the first round competition progress to one of 7 Regional A Finals,
and all other qualifiers progress to Regional B Finals.
- The leading team from each Regional A Final then progresses to the Cup Final, together with the
5 highest scoring teams from across the Country.
Teams comprise 12 athletes for Girls, and 14 athletes for Boys, and each athlete may do no more than
two events: one track and one field event; one track and the relay; one field event and the relay. All
teams MUST have a relay team.
Competitions are scored on a points basis where better performances gain more points.
Entering teams, and all event administration, is done online.
All details are available online - download the information, rules, and awards details from the
menu on the left. We won't be posting brochures to schools this year.