Dates for 2014
First Rounds : 2nd and 3rd week in May
Regional Finals : first 3 weeks in June
Cup Final : Saturday 5th July
Cup Final Location
Juniors (under 14)
Intermediates (under 16)
Changes for 2014
Weight changes for Girls Shot and Javelin.
Changes to scoring tables for 300m. See the event
brochure for details.
Entries must be made online only.
Click the button on the left.
Midnight, 28th February 2014
The ESAA Track & Field Cup is a competition between school teams
Each school can enter one team in each of the following age groups:
Ages are as at 31st August at the end of the school year in which the competition is held.
- Junior Boys (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Junior Girls (at least 12, but under 14 years)
- Intermediate Boys (at least 14, but under 16 years)
- Intermediate Girls (at least 14, but under 16 years)
Normally Juniors are years 7 & 8, and Intermediates
are years 9 & 10. Don't forget that the years advance by one during the summer holidays.
The competition is held in 3 rounds
- Preliminary rounds are held between teams within each County - there
may be a number of competitions held within each County depending on the number of teams entered.
- The highest scoring teams in the first round competition progress to one of 7 Regional A Finals,
and all other qualifiers progress to Regional B Finals.
- The leading team from each Regional A Final then progresses to the Cup Final, together with the
5 highest scoring teams from across the Country.
Teams comprise 12 athletes for Girls, and 14 athletes for Boys, and each athlete may do no more than
two events: one track and one field event; one track and the relay; one field event and the relay. All
teams MUST have a relay team.
Competitions are scored on a points basis where better performances gain more points.
Entering teams, and all event administration, is done online.
A brochure is produced each year giving full details of the Cup Competition - download a copy from the
menu on the left.